7. ADVERBIOS - ADVERBS

1. Adverbs of manner
aprisa in a hurry
 despacio - slowly
 rápido - fast

 mal - badly
Se besan cariñosamente. They kiss each other lovingly.
El perro corre rápidamente The dog runs quickly.
Conduce mal. She drives badly.
Leo lentamente. I read slowly.
Mi novio me llama mucho. My boyfriend calls me a lot.

2. Adverbs of quantity: intensifiers & modifiers
muy - very
mucho - much
poco - a little, a bit
algo - somewhat
nada - nothing
mitad - half
demasiado - too much
Está muy feliz. He is very happy.
Es bastante guapo. He is quite handsome.
Es más inteligente. She is more intelligent.
Anda demasiado rápido. He walks too fast.

3. "Point of view" adverbs
Personalmente, prefiero ir al cine. Personally, I prefer to go to the movies.
Quizás quiera ir a cenar. Perhaps he wants to go out to dinner.
Evidentemente te quiere. She obviously loves you.

4. Adverbs of time
 ahora now
 anoche last night
 anteayer the day before yesterday
 antes before
 aún even, yet
 ayer yesterday
 después after
 entonces then
 hoy today
 jamás never
 luego then, later
 mañana tomorrow
 nunca never
 pronto soon
 pasado mañana the day after tomorrow
 siempre always
 tarde late
 temprano early

 todavía still, yet

Mañana iremos a la playa. Tomorrow we are going to the beach.
Te llamo más tarde. I will call you later.
Fuimos al cine ayer. We went to the movies yesterday.
Ya me lo dijo. He already told me.
No usa ordenadores nunca. She never uses computers.
Suelo cenar pronto. I tend to eat dinner early.

5. Adverbs of place aquí - here
 ahí - there (nearby)
 allí - there (medium distance)
 allá - there (far away)
 cerca - near
 lejos - far
 atrás - behind
 adelante - forward
 debajo - under
 delante - in front
 abajo - down, downstairs
 arriba - up, upstairs
 afuera - out, outside
 detrás - behind
 enfrente - in front
 alrededor - around
 junto - next to
Mi habitación está arriba. My room is upstairs.
Te veré allí. I will see you there.
Vive lejos de mí. He lives far from me.
Estoy enfrente de tu casa. I am in front of your house.
Está dentro de la caja. It's inside the box.